EFFECTIVE DATE: JUNE 12, 2018
A. Personal Data We Collect
We collect data on how our website is used: number of page visits, duration, type of browser and others. This “usage data” may include personal data, like your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
B. Our Use of Personal Data
In order to use this Website, a user must first fill out a registration form disclosing certain personal data. We use your personal data to reply to messages you send us through our contact forms. Also, if you send us a contact form or subscribe to our blog, we’ll put your name and e-mail address on our notices list, so that you get e-mail notice of future blog posts and announcements.
C. Retention of Personal Data
D. Transfer of Personal Data
We may store or process your data outside your city, province, state, or country or in the cloud, including by using contractors facilities (described below). Therefor your personal data may be stored in a country that operates under privacy and data protection laws different from those of your home jurisdiction.
E. Contractor and Other Third-Party Access to Personal Data
We give certain independent contractors access to data we collect, including personal data. Those contractors help with hosting and storage of this Website, tracking Website use, and marketing to and communications with Website users. All those contractors are required to promise to keep personal data confidential and to use it only as we instruct.
We partner with other third parties to provide specific services. When a user requests these services, we will share your contact information to enable such third parties to respond to your requests. Such third parties are not allowed to use your contact information for any other purpose.
We disclose information required by law or to prevent harm to persons or property.
F. Protection of Personal Data
We have implemented safeguards appropriate for the sensitivity of the personal data we collect to protect such data against theft or loss as well as unauthorized access, use, copying, disclosure or modification. These protections include policies, standards, confidentiality agreements and by storing it on password-protected computers maintained in a secure environment.
Personal data that may be included in usage data collected by cookies and other mechanisms may be stored by our contractors on our behalf and not at our site.
We cannot guarantee the security of personal data. By using our Website, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee and that you use our Website at your own risk.
G. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You can access, delete or change any personal data we store by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
H. Special Terms related to the European Economic Area
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), this Section H applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process (use) the personal data you give us in contact forms (name, e-mail address, other information you choose to provide) because, by filling out those forms, you’ve sent us that data and authorized us to use it.
We process usage data, like number of page visits and personal data like IP addresses, because our contractors use that data to tell us about usage of our Website. We believe the lawful basis for processing that data is that it’s in our legitimate business interests to do so.
We will also process personal data wherever we have a legal obligation to do so.
Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
If you wish to know what personal data we hold about you, to have us remove it, or otherwise to exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the following rights related to your personal data, under European Union law:
- The right to access: the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you.
- The right of rectification: the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure: the right to request that we delete your personal data.
- The right to restrict: the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data.
- The right to data portability: the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service offering.
- The right to object: the right at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or for direct marketing purposes.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
- The right to complain to your local Data Protection Authority about our management of your personal data.
J. Contacting Us
Contact our team for inquiries about BehrTech or for industry insight and expertise.