Linux Software Engineer
BehrTech is currently seeking a Linux Software Engineer for our office in Toronto, Ontario.
As a member of the BehrTech team, reporting directly to the VP Engineering, you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where clear and precise communication is critical to the continued growth of the business.
The qualified candidate will design, code and test software realizing the functionality of a basestation for wireless IoT networks running on different types of industrial pc’s with x86 architecture. You must also be able to manage superordinate application architecture to realize a complex, highly reliable Linux application for industrial applications, and have a strong knowledge of integrating software components from multiple independent suppliers into a production quality application.
- Works within a group of highly skilled Software Engineers
- Coordinates with IoT System Architect group to build a turnkey IoT solution
- Works with documentation, software quality and software test team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of operating system architectures and implementation
- Outstanding programming skills in C/C++
- Experience developing and shipping production code for widely deployed enterprise system and application software on Linux/UNIX
- Understanding of safety and security concepts in embedded devices
- Experience working with multiple flavors of Linux and Unix (Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Experience working in large code bases of mixed Python and C++
- Experience with kernel / driver development • Comprehensive experience in TCP/IP protocols (sockets, IP, ICMP, UDP, QoS, etc.)
- Experience with real-time and multi-threaded systems
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of work experience of recent C++ programming