Embedded Software Engineer
Behr Technologies Inc. (BTI) is currently seeking a Embedded Software/Hardware Engineer with a focus on wireless communications for our office in Toronto, Ontario.
As a member of the BTI team, reporting directly to the VP Engineering, you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where clear and precise communication is critical to the continued growth of the business.
The qualified candidate will be responsible to build the software and the infrastructure to adapt a new communication protocol for LPWAN for different chipset manufacturers. This includes design, code and test of the source code / libraries to support different transceiver chipsets and microcontrollers. The candidate will also be responsible for direct customer support for integration of communication functionality into their devices/sensors, and coordinate with BTI’s research partners and semiconductor suppliers.
- Works within a group of highly skilled Software Engineers
- Coordinates with IoT System Architect group to build a turnkey IoT solution
- Works with documentation, software quality and software test team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of wireless communication stacks / protocols (e.g. Bluetooth, Zigbee, LoRaWAN, 6LoWPAN)
- Highly experienced with embedded systems, microcontrollers (e.g. ARM Cortex), interfaces (SPI, UART, I2C) and transceiver chipsets (sub-GHz, e.g. SiLabs, TI)
- Outstanding programming skills in C
- Experience developing and shipping production code for embedded systems
- Understanding of safety and security concepts in embedded devices
- Previous experience with physical layer for wireless communication
- Understanding hardware design of embedded systems, especially antenna design
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree in electrical engineering with focus on communication technologies
- 5+ years of work experience of recent C programming